How To Make The Chinese Salad At Home
Although this salad may have nothing to do with authentic Chinese food, it is deliciously refreshing – and simple enough and flexible that all ingredients are available everywhere. You can easily throw it along with various leftovers, but it is also worth the special shopping trip.
Recipe Of Simple Chinese Salad
As for the vegetable components of the salad, you will need cabbage and one or two other vegetables. Everything else is an optional addition: put them all in a salad or use a combination (I love cabbage, green onions and carrots).
Ingredients Chinese Salad Recipe:
- 2 liters of water
- 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 star anise
- 1 tablespoon whole black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- One 1-inch piece of ginger crushed by a knife
- A few twigs of cilantro
- 1 green onion, chop 3-4 parts
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- For salad and dressing:
- 1 napa cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, cut into pieces the size of a match on a mandolin
- 1 cup sprouts mung beans
- 1 cucumber, peel, core and cut into 1/2 inch of the moon
- 2 onions, both white and green, are cut into a slope
- 1/3 match-sized cup
- 4 tablespoons fried sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup whole cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup whole mint leaves (optional)
- 1/2 cup whole Thai basil leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup crispy fried shallots (optional)
Directions Making Method:
Add salt and all aromatic substances to the water and bring to a boil. Put the chicken breasts, mix and just let it return to a boil. Turn off the heat, cover and leave for 20 minutes in a saucepan at room temperature. After 20 minutes, remove the chicken and set aside to cool. You can strain the water and save it for a tasty addition of soup the other day, or you can throw it all away.
Meanwhile, chop the napa cabbage by cutting the head in half and then slicing it into tapes 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide. Stir with carrots, sprouts, cucumbers, green onions and radishes. Beat the dressing ingredients – sesame oil, lime juice and dark soy sauce – together and pour the vegetables.
Using your hands, grind the chilled chicken and add to the salad. If you want, you can let it marinate together for 15 minutes or so. When you are ready to serve it, add herb leaves and sesame seeds and mix together. Served with crispy fried shallots.